Friday, December 04, 2009

Coming home

I have been particularly enjoying one of the highlights of fatherhood this week. When I come in the door from work, I am greeted by my 18 month old daughter running to me with a giant grin on her face, laughing all the way. Whatever else happened that day at work, good or bad, is generally forgotten, at least for a few seconds.

Chaos generally reigns in our home, and sometimes it stresses us all out. Seeing a little girl run (well, toddle quickly) across the house, just because I came home...that somehow makes it all good.

2 comments:

Phil Coffman said...

Completely agree! I feel the same way when I come home and Ethan runs up to me to say hello. Such an amazing feeling.

David said...

@Phil - Sometimes...not always, but sometimes...all three come running at me. Then it gets really crazy.

Post a Comment