Friday, September 18, 2009

Love your polish

I don't polish my shoes very often. My job doesn't require much formal dress, so well-scuffed shoes don't stand out much. Recently I did polish my shoes for a wedding though, and I thought about how powerful and humble shoe polish is. When done right, no one notices the polish. They notice the shoes. Without the polish, though, the shoes are not remarkable at all.

The parallel to the rest of life hit me hard. No one looks good on their own. Everyone has people in their lives who make them look better than they would look by themselves without taking a bit of the glory.*

Who polishes you? An assistant, a spouse, a parent, a friend? Have you given that person the credit and appreciation they deserve? Do it now, because without their polish, we would all be looking mighty scuffed indeed.


*For extra credit, diagram the preceding sentence.

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Preach on, son. Life is a team effort, appreciate and love on your team.

Post a Comment