Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What inspires you?

Recently my friend Phil posted about some inspiring posters. Phil is a talented graphic designer, and it makes sense that cool posters inspire him (they're cool, but don't do the same thing for me).  What they did make me think about is what does inspire me. It turned out to be a hard question that I'm still working on.

Most of what I read and watch educates and entertains me. Basically, I feed my mind (or numb it...I make no claim to any educational value associated with Heroes). What is missing, though, is what feeds my soul. What inspries me to reach beyond myself to something bigger, grander, better?

It's a humbling question. Like I said, I'm still working on it. What about you? What inspires you?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Art. In just about any form... Music, Oil on Canvas, Photography, Film, Storytelling, etc...

When I see something that someone creates... and I mean truly beautifully created... I am reminded that something that great can only be accomplished through a God given talent. It inspires me because we all have a talent of creation somewhere within us... sometimes it plays out as an engineer, a programmer, a creation of systems or as I alluded to earlier, a creation of arts. When I see something like that, it inspires me to dig deeper in myself to be an imitator of God and create.

David said...

@Ryan - Fantastic, thanks for sharing. I've thought more about my so-called lack of inspiration since posting this. Your comment, among other things, has inspired me to update things. Look for that post coming up at some point.

Post a Comment