Saturday, October 31, 2009

Try something new

I love the grocery store. Sending me to do the shopping, though, is not good for our budget, because I always come home with something that was not on the list. Crumpets? Crenshaw melon? Organic sweet potato soup from the sale bin? I've bought them all. Why? Because I am a sucker for something new. It keeps things exciting in the kitchen, at least.

How about you? When was the last time you picked up something new at the grocery store? Or the library? Try something new and let me how it works out. Good luck!

PS - Crumpets are good, but no better than English muffins, Crenshaw melon is like cantelope, only better, and sweet potato soup is only worth buying from the sale bin.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is always bad when I go to Kroger because of the sales bins! The latest thing we tried was spaghetti squash. Adults loved it, kids are undecided. We might even try it in lieu of actual pasta soon.

David said...

Stephanie - there are some things that even I draw the line on. Squashes are one of them. More power to you, though! :)

Post a Comment